Translate

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Structuring your connections

Web removes the information distribution problem. So you can put something on the web, and other people can make a connection--as your computing devices are doing that, making connections--to get that information. Like your device asks for a web page which gets built for you and you read content, or look at a picture, or listen to some music, or other as we get so many options!

However, the problem still in place to me is the structure around those connections to facilitate what you share, keep up with it, and help others get to things as efficiently as possible. And you can end up just building something.

Like with me, the four blogs are foundations of structure. Can place content on one like here which is meant for indefinite periods of time, and have learned that approach. Like go back far enough and will see posts that are topical to a time. Now things that are more time-centered in the now, I tend to put on social media.

And with me, social media has different purposes. So my Twitter jstevh focuses more political but is actually far broader, but that's simpler to say. While my Google+ account can go deeper into topics, and I use it often more to start creative things, where they help me even more with Collections to create structure.

My Pinterest jstevh lets me collect images that capture my attention on the fly, with a looser structure but there still is a LOT there. And I could go on, but those are the main ones.

That structure helps other people access my content or content from others I share, find what matters to them most, and it helps me keep up with all of it!

In time am sure web will develop building structure in a more formalized and standard way as just part of the usual. Of course websites tend to have structure, and organizations I think more than most folks will find need to structure what they have on the web, but I think my system goes way beyond most have seen.

Developed over time. Thought at first would use things one way, like this blog, and found in time was better to use another. Now this blog has a very specific purpose with content here that is very deliberately here, versus somewhere else.

That makes things vastly easier for me.


James Harris

No comments: