Translate

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Talking refining my ideas

The back and forth of the web is extraordinary, so required, and realize don't talk it as much. Maybe because is so extraordinary and can be difficult for me to understand how it all works. But readily admit put ideas out, see what happens, and dismiss ideas or adjust as needed based on that information.

But how do I get it?

In the past started with brainstorming ideas with a hostile audience, where some would gleefully point out mistakes, where was talking math. So yeah, either it's right, or it's wrong. With no in between math is a great way to learn this process. As I realized: why would I want to keep a bad idea? So the faster could get rid of it, the better!

Those folks didn't get a clue until finally they refused to point out an error to me, and I knew process was done there. I finally figured out the problem myself--after six months. Notice? If they'd kept to the process I'd have been able to dismiss that approach six months sooner!

Now like with an idea that entertainment is about safely controlling mood, can use my global reach to check more directly. With audiences better educated they should be pickier, and also tend to jump more forcefully on things they like. Which we can study in the US box office.

There is a constant stream of data there as a weekly thing with movies coming out. So can also check for predictive certainty. Like for this upcoming week, by looking at coming films. Make guesses. Which will admit I rarely do. Well movies are just one form of entertainment. Maybe I should though eh? Guess am no longer really checking the ideas there, which noted recently rely on two primary abstractions.

Also have talked something I call mood line. That is how well an entertainment product holds the mood, and one would think learning to hold with simpler moods would be easier, like humor, or horror. Understand? Easy.

Over time, quality entertainment will be the norm across moods at a higher standard, if ideas are useful! Time will tell. So if right? Good. If wrong, would just toss the ideas. That functional approach is about wanting better.

Public wins because we get better entertainment.

Entertainment industry? Must adjust. It has no choice in the matter. If entertainment executives refuse, they bankrupt their organization. People who DO adjust can make LOTS of money. Easy.

Sounding way confident there, but realize have a couple of years now, processing data, much through the web.

These days I don't need direct feedback from people who can figure out how I do things, and hold information to keep me from evaluating ideas. With my reach I can just watch what happens, in the real world.

Simple meta process: Introduce a better idea, and expect people to choose better.

That can take some time though, so with web have other ways also where am not sure exactly how they all work. Partly that protects me from blabbing about them and having people adjust. Like how I lost six months before.

And the process is RAPID. There are times am evaluating ideas in MINUTES. At most will consider an idea for a few days before trying to MOVE ON.

With me? I don't hold on to things that do not work.

The ideas that work for me have proven themselves. And then they're like my best friends ever.


James Harris

No comments: