Translate

Friday, October 20, 2017

Thoughts on American movie box office

Looking at projections for another lackluster weekend at the American movie box office, and yeah can't help but think about some of the things have written here. Yes, did expect even the web itself to push much higher standards as well as my own ideas explained most recently here, as have talked how having a functional definition for entertainment can help people choose better.

As expected by me, which finally admitted, simpler mood lines are doing best. Like comedy and horror as harder to mess up the mood line there, in my opinion. Talking my own ideas, admittedly very hypothetical as I made them up. Is MY basic research less than three years old now. Based on my theories more complex mood lines will become successful too, or be successful as long as a higher standard is met than existed before. People just know better now, where quality should be.

Would be cool if could help movie studios with movies before they released. Could be useful with professionals and multi-million dollar entertainment products? Would be cool, but how would I know? What I do ponder just from my own musings though is, do they ask those folks who do the movie trailers pertinent questions?

To me movie trailers are just about the mood line. And have explained mood line maybe best here.

Those movie trailer folks for movies impress me much more now as have my own entertainment science, and finally realize how hard it is what they do.

Regardless, movie industry will be ok. There are still big movies which are doing great at the box office, and reality is, just as I said, with pickier audiences for whatever reason, the ones who can adjust will win.

And audiences will win because audience rules. Where yeah, other thing is that with the web, we can STILL do ok, with streaming options to get best entertainment we want WHEN we want, which is another pressure point on movies.

In our times, movies have to be on point where to me? Is so much about holding that mood line.

If they are on point? Audiences DO show up.

Oh, am working at trying to make money these days though. Mostly focused with new blog Seriously Commercial. So am available if some movie studios wanted to risk my novel ideas, and I'd be very reasonable! And would want to hang out with the people who yup, do the movie trailers.

Those folks and me might be closer to speaking the same language, like to think. But what do I know?

Am not in the entertainment industry. Looking at from a distance like most folks.


James Harris

No comments: