Translate

Friday, December 01, 2017

Pondering reality around reality checks

One HUGE problem am focusing on is evaluating current situation when it comes to attention levels. Where realize have been repetitive for years, but also think that has been good for documenting things. Web reality means you can get global attention potentially, but how to measure?

One thing realize did in the past is just see as some alternate reality, and often just kind of shrug. Figured would figure it out eventually, and would just continue on with what I was doing. So kept a separate reality from out here on the web, which can feel as distinct, from most of my daily. But feel like now those have crashed together which is a relief! But now MUST figure out the money aspect.

But how do I reality check web things best?

Figured out entertainment in order to understand web things actually, when deduced a connection with audience levels where generally publicly self-identified as part of a known audience are called followers on social media. And of course with entertainment focused naturally on celebrity, and then admittedly got distracted with the joy of understanding my entertainment better. It is wild that a couple of key abstractions shifted so much for me, and if did so for others is great as well, where I guess there. For me has been very different now as can focus...about to get distracted again. Can focus on best entertainment but have talked that enough. Must keep in mind purpose of THIS post.

Have often tried to reality check with what I like to call mass market preconceived notions where would always fail utterly, which finally got me checking into them more. Time is helping out a LOT as yeah do keep up with celebrities on the web, so can study how they use things like their social media accounts over time. And also study how well that differentiates where they rank in a number of various ways. Is more dynamic a measure that way as well as can check things most people might, and also consider things most would not, as so much data is available.

Oh yeah, is a BIG reason to look at celebrities much as more information on them and from them than from any other source on the web. Which is great! Celebrities more so than anyone else, even politicians or companies, are pumping out vast quantities of information I find useful like on social media.

Am on a lot of social media but thankfully at very low levels. Turns out is WORK to get massive followings, though they do seem to stick around when gained. Though engagement seems to require constant work, and maybe some folks are making it seem easier than it is. But yeah that is what they are supposed to do. Best performers make so much look easy even when is astonishingly difficult.

Yet now myself am more focused on work as yeah, web is definitely am sure now fully a part of my life whether I wish it or not. So no separating out here like before from what I do for work.

Which is turning into a massive challenge for me, where struggling at it is causing a lot of posts! As I use my blogs often to figure things out.

The web metric problem is a continuing one. While also my own mental attitude needed serious adjustment as was too easy to just give myself arbitrary measures as reality checks, conclude nothing was happening yet, so I could just keep doing what I was doing. Until it finally became clear to me that reality did not care that I thought was being sensible and humble, when needed to be objective and facing truth squarely.

Working on that now. This post is long enough. Writing this sentence is good way of telling myself to stop here.


James Harris

No comments: