Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Finding foundations and goals

Was YEARS ago when first challenged by web analytics began to find myself pondering what might I do, with a global interest revealed. And became especially challenging when focusing on the data found that while my home country the United States was source of most interest for a country, roughly 2/3rds of the interest was from outside.

So the majority of my global interest base was outside my home country and for years focused there and deliberately ignored the US, as worked to figure out foundations of my web reality.

Then was forced to shift back, as found my global impacted by behavior of US politicians, which shifted at least one of my blogs to US political focus, primarily.

And guess had an impact, which should not surprise, if that was a cause. Got curious, and according to Google Analytics for all of 2017 for this blog 3/4ths were from US, and for my math blog, close to half. This blog and the math one are biggest in terms of audience. Glad talking things made me check.

So now bulk of my visitors are from my own country for here, while is still rest of the world in slight majority elsewhere.

Like, checking other social media, as blogs ARE social media as well, can most easily with Pinterest where just checked and, of my average monthly it says just a bit over 42% are US. With almost 58% coming from elsewhere. Does help to have that data readily available.

But also had to figure out money, and how best to leverage making money with the possibility of global responsibility where I struggled. My BELIEF is have major ideas, where those gather attention, and can lead to unfortunate pressure on me, so have political positions established. But long thought best process would be to limit.

Then found myself recognizing that our planetary reality might push me more than I wished, and deliberately entered into the global discussion on climate change. And soon found myself more involved in global affairs and politics than might have wished.

Now have adopted a simple phrase to help me:

One planet. Many peoples. One human species.

Now am done with foundations considered through much of 2017, and looking for new goals for 2018, where have focused on global responsibility, limited still, and monetary necessity. As much figure out how my attention reality can be monetized within my value system, safely.

And have focused much on American entertainment industry both from curiosity, as well as practicality, as it works through things where have a personal interest as well.

That meta space reality is so much self-referential and deliberately abstract, as my global reality takes center stage in my own planning and goal setting, where will emphasize--limited as much as practical.


James Harris

No comments: