Translate

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Musing about the project

Just downloaded Class Viewer again, which I do at times for various reasons, started it up, did a few things and thought to myself that it's a nice little tool, especially for getting to javadocs.

I've thought at times that it might help to have an installer program for downloading as I guess that'd look more professional. And it'd let me have a single download versus one for Windows and Unix, where, um, I should mention that I've never tested fully if the Unix download actually works right.

I've also thought about letting users add packages and locations for javadocs through an interface versus opening up the xml configuration file--packagedirectory.xml--and adding it in there, but that's just so easy to do.

It's nothing to open the xml file with a text editor and just toss in the javadocs location or add packages, so why make some additional interface? Seems like a waste of time to me.

It's like there are these window-dressing ideas I have which I can't quite motivate myself to do.

One substantive idea I have is to give the option of opening source files at a desired method, which would make Class Viewer even more of a development tool, which might happen if I start doing a lot of programming again and need that convenience.

But then again, I'm not sure if that's actually all that useful.

Mostly when I think about the project I just can't really see anything else that it really needs.


James Harris

No comments: