Translate

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Some 2018 review

Now that 2018 is finally over can consider just a bit the big picture. Started out desperate for me and got worse as was evicted and ended up in a homeless shelter. But eventually started a course learning heating and air conditioning technology. Got a scholarship from a general, got a vehicle from Geico, and now have housing through Macon Housing Authority.

So yeah was a wild year.

And now to consider some blog stats. Where I use Google Analytics as is free and blog is set up with it. And will let me do things like get a picture over entire year. However it really gives kind of a bottom baseline.

So according to Google Analytics this blog had visits from 57 countries.

Top 5 Countries for visitors: US, France, India, Iraq and Russia

Least numbers of visitors from: New Zealand, Panama, Serbia, Singapore and Zambia

Yeah that's kind of wild to me. Can look at city visits, where says had visits from only 188 cities. And says were 34 languages. Where blog has Google Translate which I guess helps with that one.

So why no visitor numbers? Well the actual numbers of visitors are underwhelming to me, but they also give too much information, so I no longer share.

So now 2018 is finally over and have a vehicle this time around, as well as training in working on heating and air conditioning units. Was accelerated training but that is better for me anyway. And was top student, but hey, I have a degree in physics.

Where it was interesting to get the technical side, like with the refrigeration cycle, where of course I already knew by the physics. Technical is learning how things are done in actual systems versus just understanding the underlying theory.

And not unexpectedly I could blow out the tests in terms of the academics but was really proud to be top student on performance tests as well. But that was from perfection, as I like to work as hard as I can when it matters to get it right--the first time.

Ok, so now is time to focus on a JOB. Where am a guy with a degree in physics, my own open source software project used all over the world, and some blogs like this one, lots of ideas, and now some training in repairing heating and air conditioning units, along with MUCH, much more.

Isn't the United States something else? Where else but in this country could you have a story like mine? Rhetorical, I think.

Ok 2019, let's get things going. So much to do with so much expectation.


James Harris

No comments: