Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Some of my mood concepts

Mood is very individual but is key to my functional definition of entertainment which focuses on SAFE mood control.

Performers must craft SAFE mood with exquisite skill even when...no, ESPECIALLY when dealing with scary subjects.

If audience does not feel SAFE then audience is not entertained. Check me on that one, carefully.

You may surprise yourself.

Science fiction can really range with moods in this time. Ok, I really like sci fi. But still, it can!

Technology is part of it, but research is key to the science mood. Other moods can flow around that framework.

Research to solve problems: science mood.

There are of course many moods and humor is a mood. Which I list for an easy point of reference. (Yes, if follow my Twitter jstevh am copying tweets from it verbatim. Is MY writing.)

Moods are often complex constellations of emotion. And the FEELING is key to any mood. So, like Star Trek is best example of a brilliant show with military and science mood.

If pay close attention: scientific research, often done by Spock, is key to success! While StarFleet is a military organization dedicated to peaceful exploration.

(Ok, still using tweets but no longer verbatim. Is editing time.)

So then, science mood involves use of research to solve problems.

Military mood involves a hierarchical organization of people dedicated to something larger than themselves willing to sacrifice themselves for others.

That is so cool and ended up longer than I thought it would be when began crafting it.

Figuring out my moods has helped me self-calibrate my mood discernment engine. Which means of course, know what am searching for in any particular entertainment.

You might work on your own mood palette. Where for myself routinely reference comedic mood when trying to find a handle on mood concepts.

No comments: