Translate

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Blocking the open source flow

Source: The Register

Google defends open source from 'poisonous people'
The Case of the Self-Centered Date Parser
By Cade Metz in San Francisco
Published Friday 30th May 2008 23:16 GMT

Google I/O Once upon a time, there was an open source project called Subversion, and it needed a new date parser....


Wow, good article and sobering for me as one thing I did want way back when I got approval for my project on SourceForge was to have other people working on it, but that hasn't happened as I've ended up writing every line of code, and a lot of the comments have my name on them, which is actually a habit I picked up at companies where I worked as that's how they did it.

Hmmm...might it help if I went back through and deleted all of the signature type comments out?

Well, I know I'm not going to do an update just to do that so it's a moot question.

No comments: