Translate

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Enjoying photography is easier

Yesterday finally joined a great photography site which is 500px.com and wondering now what took me so long! It's been nice to put up some of my pictures and have people actually showing they like them and even better looking around at great photos from others.

It took the web for me to fully embrace my love of photography as it's made it so much easier.

For someone like myself technology has allowed so much more than buying an expensive book of photography, rarely, or mostly browsing them in bookstores, or checking books of photographs out from the library.

And now I can even put up some of my own! And share them.

Oh yeah, posting about it to note that rarity of the thrill when you come across a web community where you're just giddy with excitement. And so far haven't noticed any downsides. Which is so HUGE, as sad reality I've often faced on the web is quite different. Things seems to be so much fun until they aren't.

But no point expecting negatives. And here I don't. I've known about the site for a while and even had some interactions with it for some time. Increasingly that's the way I like to do it. Take your time on the web. You have to watch websites over time.

Which explains what took me so long. Like I didn't know.

So for now everything looks good, literally and figuratively.


James Harris

No comments: