Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Must make marketing cool

Years ago used to really upset myself with things like the country counts as didn't understand how could be read all over the globe without it being more of a big deal. So I figured it out and realized that I have had more of a community focus for some time. And also I do NOT like being wrong and especially don't want to lead others down wrong paths.

Which means I present my speculative ideas as what they are, speculative. And appreciate the attention from web analytics while also appreciating less distance to fall if something turns out to be crap.

So was really important for me to stop doing my own new research! And then could start pondering how maybe to shift from just this global community perspective where I give ideas away without looking for anything more than interest to something else.

Which is why I created a new blog to focus on commercial. And I called it, um, Seriously Commercial.

THAT blog unlike anything else I have has one purpose. And to make sure I didn't forget, yeah, I put that in the name.

Only thing is am now pondering more how to do the commercial more as for over a year has been me posting, without having any commercial thing really established which is about building an audience first.

But how do I make marketing cool? Thinking blog will leverage my ability to get attention, and according to Google Analytics it already had visits from 58 countries. So from the stats available, yeah, should be able to deliver a global audience to someone looking to reach one, commercially.

Which has me back to this blog to do problem solving. Can't figure it out on the blog in progress so here will probably be the one to work it all out, as my other two blogs focus differently. Only Beyond Mundane can comfortably work on this particular problem without it looking weird, I think.

So to start I need something cool enough to be able to put a blog post about it on Seriously Commercial to promote that something with enough global intrinsic to it for around 50 countries, where that something is up to my standards. And is a great referral.

I have total control. So I can do what I want and not do what I don't want. And to me great referral is the best standard so I can BRAG about anything promotional. So am looking around just pondering. Scanning the globe. Not reaching out to any entities yet or anything like that as I evaluate.

Oh and my other blogs may get into it anyway as they're a team. Haven't all been working together as one visibly for a long time, but hey, is important! Was fun though years ago when they all worked together at times in a very visible way.

Is kind of cool I've missed. When all three blogs work in concert kind of, well, if it happens will be very interesting I know from experience.


James Harris

No comments: