Translate

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

When ideas are not paying directly

There does need to be a return on effort, commensurate with perception of value received, if it was received. And feel like have received a great return for me on my personal efforts putting out ideas on the web. My vague idea for about two decades is that it will connect to something money-making at some point.

Now am figuring out more of how it does not, and why.

There are institutions built up around sharing ideas. While on web can just put some out, and people can get direct, where if perceive value in those ideas--is a personal thing.

Have reached a financial situation which is pushing me to rethink such things in MY context and about ideas I share here.

To me the ideas have value, but to YOU?

Only you know.

We do have a problem on the web with mechanisms for returning that value though there are movements in that direction.

Which does make it hard. And readily note give ideas without expecting any direct return. Sharing things because I think they are useful and sharing helps me, and may help others. However, is also true find it difficult with web as it is, to share things for the purpose of a monetary return outside of establishment systems. Like sure I can say, write a short story here on my blog, but to get paid for such work, looks to me like need some corporate entity.

There is no institution here to tell you that paying back some of that value is a duty. No structure of people doing it to witness.

Web offers something different. But have been surprised at how hard it is to set up structures that facilitate providing a service on the web, or some product on the web, without putting yourself at the mercy of a corporate entity. And usually talking at the mercy, seriously, of a vast corporate enterprise.

And what does this business entity give actually? Mainly I think is about trust.

Like you know the source here at least.

Realize there was effort involved in finding the ideas and putting them out here, but only you know if there was a received value, for YOU. To me there can be an interest as well in a better system. Why should a huge chunk of the value you feel you received go to some other than person who produced it?

Yeah but the potential of the web is direct, while reality means that yeah, a corporate entity can help people feel more secure, while also yeah, providing other services. Yet my situation has impressed upon me just how forced you are to use a corporation, for money on the web. Would prefer it be my own I guess. Will get there as set as a useful goal.

Web is introducing more possibility, while pushing us to look more carefully at structures already in place.

Have realized though maybe haven't seen fully the value in my ideas, myself. Makes it harder then to explain to others? Or maybe, makes it impossible. Have been talking much, without maybe even focusing on, what value with these ideas, really?


James Harris

No comments: