Translate

Sunday, April 06, 2014

Article talks price for some of video game success

Given some of the topics on my mind lately I was fascinated by an article from the +The New Yorker with the following provocative title:

THE GUILT OF THE VIDEO-GAME MILLIONAIRES


I've read it and my take on it is that the article has some very articulate developers who describe the kind of issues that you may not usually consider ahead of success--or what most people call success.

And I think it's kind of a weird thing that you can have so much fun doing something that lots of people don't necessarily understand, where it'd be nice to be successful, but then again that success starts wrecking that fun.

My own view is that it's best to worry about success long before you get it, and if you never get it--I'm not successful by world standards--then you're still ok. The preparation doesn't involve what you might think.

No comments: