Translate

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Some more explanation why not

Have been someone whose life has been defined by faith, as was brought up in a puritanical religion which is Christian fundamentalist--which I do NOT name any more as figure that's just free advertising for them--but ESCAPED to college where got a degree in physics, and after enlisted in the US Army, as switched really to alternate authority.

While in the US Army started playing with my own math ideas, looking at old math problems presumably could not solve, which have discussed before. Oh, hadn't mentioned was still in military? Um, yeah. That wasn't to last though.

Left the US Army with an honorable discharge, which is what's important, and set about living a life, while working hard for some reason on math problems I didn't reasonably see any reason to think I could solve. Part of me wanted to think maybe could but also saw it as fun fantasy better than alternative. Thankfully also got work, which just thought of as the 'day job' and also found web, where could talk out my hobby. And God help me, eventually DID end up with what I thought were decent ideas and went to accepted math authority, of course. Turned out though most of those ideas? Were just wrong.

I've been brought up on authority. I was taught to live by faith. I dropped belief in a religion and switched to science, and my country's military, and the Establishment, so of course if I think I have good ideas that's where I'd go.

That didn't work out so well though.

Lots and lots of bogus ideas, which is really embarrassing by the way. Until I had more and more solid ones. Until had cleared out all the wrong ones. And finally had nothing but solid.

Now so many years later as really over two decades, actually have more faith in my country I think, and less in other areas. Have abandoned talking to current establishment math authority, but quit working on hard math problems anyway. Oh, but found that ideas I'd figured out along the way grab global attention.

That's cool. I like it, a lot.

However, I have tried to be careful, as do not wish to lead others astray. But finally started wondering if maybe was going too far. I say, focus on the ideas, and not the person who found them.

So here is where things stand now. Anything I have across my blogs with regard to ideas, is in my mind, firmly established. Which is great to be able to say, as quit doing original research and am now focused on developing what I have, or just appreciating it.

There are no results which have been debunked by established authority, nor by anyone else with validity. There were some attempts with some of my math things but all collapsed under scrutiny. Some might disagree, but it's like with NASA and those who don't think went to the Moon.

The ideas drive the attention where I get glance off, which is ok.

It's still overwhelming often.


James Harris

No comments: