Translate

Friday, December 29, 2017

Information distribution: fan or for favor?

Focus much on my efforts to figure out my situation with this wild new world of the web, where one area have not talked as much. So yeah, my ideas draw attention like to this blog, and some drifts to me, but also to other things I discuss. Years ago was more fascinated with it, so would deliberately share from say, my favorite artists or talk my favorite movies.

To get some perspective, consider this blog alone has had visits where is a rough measure but kind of gives an idea, from 67 countries according to Google Analytics for the entire year of 2017 so far. But only 16 countries for the month of December.

Top 5 for December: US, India, UK, Canada, Netherlands

So yeah, conceivably things I suggest might be noticed in 16 countries just from posts this month, while the bigger picture over time means can impact, well much of the world, theoretically, I would think. Yeah I hedge much. Web is so wild. POTENTIAL may be there, but what happened really? And how would I know?

Still looking at such numbers not surprisingly I'd try to test things out, and was one reason realized those numbers ARE real. However, was just fan behavior. Not even sure anyone even noticed. Which is weird, when you grew up one way, and just as a lark you're talking one of your favorite artists or talking a movie, and you're watching to see if anything happens as a result--in the real world.

Sort of thing anyone on the web can do though. Just a way to see if you got any influence.

Talked subject on my newest blog Seriously Commercial in post: Fan or for favor

And made that blog to try to figure out how to commercialize reach. So plan is most such things isolated to it as well, and have a Facebook Page to support it. And talking promotion of others or things from others for money purposes. With MY things of course, can put anywhere..

Shifted how I looked at many things though, playing around. Glad to work hard for something consistent and to keep it simple. I like my opinions to just be about how I really feel about something, without any extra motivation.

Focusing commercial in very narrow areas and a couple of places lets me remain free, everywhere else.


James Harris

No comments: