Translate

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Functionally, how do you make money?

My functional perspective has lead me to look at lots of things in different ways, and have functionally defined money itself, as a social IOU backed by society given in exchange for a favor. Turns out I could even conjecture how money gets into society using the US, where emphasize am just some guy putting out his opinions. Am not claiming to be a money expert, nor should anything here or with any of my writing be construed as monetary advice.

Based on my functional approach, can say, in my opinion, the most socially accepted way to make money is by providing legal products or services to strangers in exchange for socially backed IOU's typically called money.

Like for those who work for someone you maybe could say, you make money from an employer by signing a contract to receive pay in exchange for the favor of your labor. So with employment your labor of some kind, where mental labor counts as labor of course, is the service from this functional perspective.

That "getting a job" involves a contract of some kind, and in my country typically involves a written contract is something that people might kind of not think of often. And went to Wikipedia as often do and found that the article Employment contract covered things best here.

But it also had the following intriguing clarification:

A contract of employment usually defined to mean the same as a "contract of service".[2] A contract of service has historically been distinguished from a contract for the supply of services, the expression altered to imply the dividing line between a person who is "employed" and someone who is "self-employed". The purpose of the dividing line is to attribute rights to some kinds of people who work for others....

Yeah that's an interesting Wikipedia article to read I think.

That money flows primary through contracts is an opinion that makes sense to me! And the point then is that you typically need some kind of agreement in advance before you will make money.

That is important as in my opinion you can provide something of great value to people who may be thankful for that happening but they are unlikely to owe you any money, unless there was a prearranged agreement. Which I think can surprise people on the web. You can do something that becomes HUGE and not make any money with it.

My functional perspective fascinates me and talking it out can help me to see how well it merges with well, just about anything related.

Here am pondering how it may shift somewhat how I look at making money itself in the large. One thing that did happen is I realized I hadn't thought a lot about the contract aspect to "getting a job" or that it really is providing the favor of one's services in exchange for remuneration. And am intrigued now with a bit of research at the distinction between being employed or self-employed as had realized it existed of course, but hadn't pondered in-depth how the line is drawn.

To me writing things out in this way not only helps me evaluate my own ideas, but also helps me raise further questions and talking it out public?

Well that just helps my meta process.


James Harris

No comments: