Translate

Friday, November 03, 2017

Benefit of past experience

Is fascinating to me to be comforted by being in a situation similar to past ones with my latest math thing. Now though web is a lot more evolved, and I've learned a lot more, so can look at the situation with a lot more calm, even if options still remain limited.

Closest experience with a past result that really is telling was with my variation on prior ways to count prime numbers. Yup, still a big deal, but I discovered it 15 years ago. And looking at how that works is informative.

The math folks refuse to talk about it appropriately. That's how that works.

What I've done is make sure the information is available, and well explained, including talking on this blog more than once. Like with this post from May 2013.

And now also realize that for most even if they trust am correct, what can they do? And now am more focused on governments. Readily admit have informed US Government more than once, and put out more general notice to governments on my Some Math blog. Yet that is not guaranteed either.

Why not?

Conceivably they are aware of me, but also rely on senior advisers who are likely to be, of course, mathematicians one would think. Or closely connected to the math community.

Good things don't move our world as rapidly as things that are not. Is like with climate science, which may seem like a non sequitur. But has been known for quite some time that increasing levels of carbon dioxide posed a danger, but things may move forward now, why? Because we're seeing climate change impacts.

What would make a government official look long and hard at advisers would be catastrophic things that would force it. Which I find depressing and do NOT wish for that but merely state my pragmatic assessment.

There is a certain detachment though, as have steeled myself for certain things. Feel like, have done my best, so how could I do better? Still working on it.

Down the line though the information does travel. And as people are aware of it, there is a slower process that means eventually will come into its proper place.


James Harris

No comments: