Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Comfort in time with global

With a rapidly changing world is not surprising to have things that can rattle you. And for people who build things that operate globally in any way, am sure there is quite a bit to that reality. Where for most that will be as part of some organization, and include lots of structure.

And that would be with a single global product, where for me there are roughly half a dozen is my rough estimate where have talked how consider.

So imagine a global team with one thing and how that might stress them as they work to maintain. There IS a global standard folks. Just look around you to consider various global entities. Where I readily admit do that often. And at times am checking also where that standard is, as shifts.

Then imagine a single human with a global thing, who is not me.

To get to me, consider someone who has at least half a dozen, he thinks. And I have to manage all of it. Where I primarily use 4 blogs now, where this one helps me consider such things.

Maintaining a global presence in our times is an interesting challenge to me. The competition?

Is relentless.

However, usually am competing with myself, which I noticed when that got really hard, and started lowering my expectations. Like for this blog is 60+ countries annually really necessary? By web measures from strangers I have to trust anyway? And realized that 50+ or around there is good enough for me!

What does it do to a person though? I wonder. More and more am looking at other things in different ways as get even more meta. More curious about, how do I do it? I realized, I probably need to know.

And there is a relentlessness to the activity in a way though more manage as thankfully everything is on, and available 24 hours a day. So what is in flow as I like to describe it, is a constant thing to consider.

Any fixes have to be done while everything is in full production, unless am building something HUGE like a new primary portal, like was happening with my latest blog. Otherwise full production mode, for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year is the basic standard.

Where new things like this post, go quickly to in flow, and then I edit until satisfied with option to edit just about anything, anywhere if a command decision to do so is made.

Eventually I think executive function has to be always there but in the background lots, where web makes that possible. Often just need a smartphone and a web connection and if necessary can make executive decisions. But best thing is for that to almost never be necessary.

But have awakened in the past like at 2 am realizing need to fix something. I really do not like that happening. Get on the web, get it done, and get back to sleep then. Reminding myself to work harder, and smarter. Efficiency is a necessity or you just cannot get everything done.

People check things relentlessly. You need things operational that are always there to answer.

To my mind is primarily about a focus on functional ideas.

So much about attention elsewhere in our times has been about mood chasing. Like entertainment I say is just a way to safely control mood.

Focusing on ideas as attention drivers has long been a working concept for me. And I like to talk about my ideas as entities.

The ideas actually do the work of drawing attention when people find them useful, so functional perspective is best is my philosophy. And the web enables global distribution, which is rapid and constant. Yeah that explains a lot.

As rattled by web disruption as have been in the past, time has allowed a certain comfort to return. Experience can be a great teacher. With new things so revolutionary like the web is only way I know to learn--by DOING things.

So I try things, and try to figure out what happens as a result. Is fun, usually. More comfortable with global now, but so many years of massive effort to get here.


James Harris

No comments: