Translate

Friday, September 01, 2017

Pondering the money conundrum

Having a connection in one's mind between success and money can make you feel like a fraud, talking the subject without much of it, but have readily admitted my probing into what money is, has been driven by a lack of it. Before didn't think about it as much, when usually had enough.

And web is great that way in terms of free things like Blogger where can have blogs up, without worrying about money there, and I use my blogs to work through problems. Often really am just thinking out loud, as putting up things public helps me focus, and dismiss bad ideas more quickly.

With the basic functional idea that money is a social IOU backed by society, could figure out much. Recognizing money flows had a HUGE impact for me as realized yeah, mostly flows through contracts. And then realized that pay on the job is really about services gaining remuneration under a contract, where noted recently it pays to be polite! Duh.

Having been someone who maybe took jobs too for granted in the past, have finally accepted that yes, while having global reach is really cool that can be a consideration for a business to NOT take you on as an employee. But also will admit got frustrated years ago wondering why wasn't making more money working with all that global reach I like to blab about so often. So figured that one out too.

Which results in my newest blog Seriously Commercial which is yet to actually go fully commercial, though consider the foundations laid. Gist of it is that looks like much of what I need to do is provide promotional services to others, but must do with best practices, which have worked out to my satisfaction. That was a lot of work on this blog as well, figuring out promotion.

In our times people want GREAT referral. Which to me means they both understand why you're promoting something to them, feel is a benefit, both before, during and after any business transaction, and with any part leading up to the possibility of it. Their choice, always. Is a huge thing really.

Also for me though there are significant requirements generated by learning to be global where probably benefited by keeping money separate to the extent I have. Makes you really picky. Oh, you thought the opposite maybe? (Who knows. Part of me is like, well if you're desperate for money, could force to NOT be picky, right?)

Well, consider how hard it is to maintain interest on our global stage with relentless competition for attention.

You think people and organizations that do it manage by NOT being picky?

For me, looking them over from my own perspective, appreciate I never realized fully just how picky they were! And to move in those circles, have to emulate. Otherwise even if managed to exploit situation for a bit, would watch it rapidly collapse.

(My ability to exploit would collapse. Would STILL get the global attention though. Oh.)

And you know what? Have kind of gotten used to the positive global attention. Sort of grows on you.

One brilliant thing though have learned is that success and money really weren't as connected as I thought. And thinking about success has helped me appreciate the people who get it done, for real, more than before. Success maybe is a moving target more than I realized, and is not so easy to grab with any one thing, like money. Which isn't putting down having it.

Main thing with money now realize, is having enough.


James Harris

No comments: