Translate

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Enjoyment of explanation

With a burst of posts explaining things, I think, am glad to have them. Can be odd to consider that lots of times have a better grasp of my own story only after trying to explain to others. But why? Or maybe I just think it can be odd. It really does make sense.

In finding explanation can communicate to others tend to have to focus on common ground in some way, versus just focused on your own feelings which can lead one astray.

And I get a LOT of support in various ways where much is interest for ideas but maybe some is people wondering about these things.

Global attention reality of the web didn't come with an instruction manual.

(At least it didn't for me, if you got one--please share.)

Feel much better now than in the past when wondered if it would ever make sense! And now am very much enjoying that sense of, yes.

And can get to the obvious even for myself, like imagine if the enterprising folks who started Uber and Lyft had instead argued with taxi companies that they should let people book rides and pay for them on the web. Such great and simple ideas! They'd still be arguing with nothing changed am sure.

Yup.

That's like me with the math. Arguing with the establishment, rather than implementing the changes and presenting to a ready audience. Oh wait, I DID do that to some extent, though definitely didn't monetize. Ok. I have no problem with that. There have been math ideas could have potentially turned into a paid product, but had bigger things to do. Still do. But, my need for approval from the establishment was WAY too high, as that can simply be childish, like looking eagerly for approval from a parental authority. THAT have corrected. Figuring out authority helped me fix.

And appreciate appropriate authority more now, and not less.

So yeah, much progress in my own understanding from work done through blog posts, and satisfied with my own approach, so far.

But am also thankful for the entrepreneurs who DO start the companies without bothering to argue with the establishment. They just get it done.

Then for the rest of us? So much nicer to have more options to get to where we want to go.


James Harris

No comments: