Translate

Monday, February 05, 2018

Some excess ideas

Over two decades ago was excited with a simple idea for computing device security. These computing devices tell time with extreme accuracy which I know from experience programming some of them, so came up with a system of dynamic passwords traded just between them based on past connection times. Idea at the time was for cellphones to log onto networks with a constantly changing password to counteract phone cloning.

Have talked story before about frustration getting a patent. And got so upset with system for a time was advocating for vast changes. Am more mollified now, though at one point was putting up ideas I said to get ahead of patents being done. I'd just put them up like here on my blog deliberately to get ahead of innovation at major corporations. At first the US had a first to discover system. But then US switched to a first to file system, and so I kind of shrugged.

Didn't really matter for me.

My focus for years was on mathematical discovery and got other as part of a wind down process. Like my open source software for Java developers called Class Viewer was a result of me wanting something else, back in 2004, where was easier to feel concrete validation. Math is more solid though actually. We're just communal creatures is all.

Is like you're putting maximum effort into figuring out one thing, and to cool down here and there will generate ideas in other areas. And thankfully that is over, as wound down doing mathematical research, so these other types of ideas thankfully vanished, I think.

And still do problem solve but is more focused now, and more practical! Like me needing to figure out how to make money. Just generating ideas for the sake of doing it, or to relax? Can't justify such activity to myself any more.

Sometimes ideas just come to me though. And at times you can't fight them off. Is like they hunt for you, versus how used to be, when I'd hunt for them with SO much energy.

Another involved how to highlight, copy and click on links in a rich text image, which is the kind you see on social media routinely versus flat text. And will link to a post where talked on my G+ account recently about how tweeted at Twitter nearly two years ago.

For me excess ideas were more ways to relax a bit from the hard thinking. And reality more evident in our times is that so much hard is in getting something implemented. Like so much social media is actually simple in concept, but having that useful for people all over the world? Is the hard part.

Is debatable what could have done regardless with, if HAD received a patent for a time-based dynamic machine use password generation system. Still have the idea to talk.

My view with my own intellectual property is that it is more likely to be freely shared, especially work already done. Which is because was working on discovery so much. Other thing is: would just like to see these things.

Like would LOVE to be able to copy text out of rich text or click on a link.

And would appreciate more dynamic web security from devices creating their own passwords for each other each time they connect. Plus other things have given away in ideas I think of as excess.

Just talked some excess idea things in this post. Have plenty more kind of scattered all over on various things have public.

These ideas are just free.


James Harris

No comments: