Translate

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Remarkably quiet

Is remarkable almost 14 years ago decided to put up my own open source project; which I know from checking the date on SourceForge just now for this post, was February 25, 2004. So am remarking here and also pondering things which also seem notable over the years.

Did do a post at the 10 year mark where noted had over thirty-five thousand downloads, up until February 25, 2014, which is not a huge number for software. Is actually small, so focused more on that being from over 150 countries. Which I like, though there is no comparison with the big open source software out there.

But is MY project, which is run by me, and is a tiny bit of software really which is meant to help Java developers primarily find what are called methods in Java. And I use it myself when I decide to code, including when I decide to update Class Viewer in some way.

Figure is a legit measure from objective sources. Yes, I do have something global.

And in nearly 14 years have never received a complaint. Ok that's good, but have never received anything from users about app. No unsolicited feedback at all, but vaguely remember asking someone about long ago where remember got some answer. But forgot the details. Am thinking was way back when was relatively new. Mainly, I just look at the downloads and country counts, here and there.

Reality is? Um, well I like it that way, except when start wondering about how to make money, and of course wonder if there is some way with my one global software product. Then is like, well maybe would be cool if had some feedback on it.

Talk it somewhat as a global as anyone can go check me.

Other things global? Is not as easy to check, I guess. There is data can look at myself, like for this blog, which isn't available to others. But there are other ways people could know is global. Like how did you get here? I really don't know. I get no feedback here at all, also.

WAY long ago, when was just getting on the web, was trying to figure out my own math, and ran into very mean and hostile people. That was NOT fun. Eventually got away from those folks, and relished the quiet. Maybe I did too much.

And would not change except it makes it hard to make money. Now find must consider it, and wonder.

By now there are people who may have grown up using my Class Viewer app, as maybe just part of their coding for Java. And will admit do wonder how has shifted the global coding environment where asking a question is not pretension, is just, curiosity.

But do ask questions about my global impact with many of my global things, and why wouldn't I? Like even for this blog I do wonder.

And really, how are things, so quiet?

Now is looking like will have to get answers. As much as I like the quiet, practical reality of needing to make a living, means must ponder how it is possible.


James Harris

No comments: