Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Explaining jstevh handle

Am in my late forties and have reached a point of appreciation for how the web can make you feel like you are back in school, struggling to learn. And have used this blog to talk much problem solving of me trying to figure things out. But also am lucky in that there were notions that occurred to me early that I feel now were great.

Like decided to build a handle from my name and back then was going to be part of branding as that was en vogue. But now is more practically a way for ME and others to keep up with things. Where primarily is good for social media.

And made handle jstevh from my name: James STEVen Harris

So I pronounce like: Jay-Steve-H

So why the emphasis on my middle-name? Well here is a post that explains how I grew up called by my middle-name. Which I always think of as very much a Georgia-thing. But I guess actually happens lots of places. Though am confident is a known Southern kind of thing along with nicknames, like Billy-Bob.

But now most people call me James, which is kind of interesting. And yeah, a few people call me Jim.

Except back home, and oddly enough with some co-workers who knew me as Steve in San Francisco, but I talk all that in the post.

Oh yeah, so turns out worked out with the web, and am glad started putting that handle on a lot of my social media.

So yeah, there is a method there, and am glad had that good idea early, versus so much had to learn and STILL am learning. The web is still in flux, changing rapidly and ADVANCING in so many ways. Is one of the coolest periods in human history, ever, am sure.

We get to be part of the evolution of one of the greatest arenas in human thought and communication.


James Harris

No comments: