Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A gentler way to global really

There is a different way to consider some of my recent disclosures where to me are actually things on repeat, like how was preparing for global attention in 2004, when a math journal decided to go wacky on me, and keeled over and died, after I got a paper published and a chief editor tried to literally simply delete it out of the electronic version.

One way which was how I saw it at THAT time was that I'd been stymied. And quite upset, went through quite a bit of distress wondering what was wrong with the world, as my preparations for news interviews were clearly in vain. And now over 13 years later could seem kind of, sad.

Except now know reality is the news DID gallop around the world, just not on traditional sources, and maybe more perspective on how when blogs arrived, and I got one, discovered when I finally got web analytics as it finally arrived that I was getting visits from over 125 countries.

Which did NOT make sense to me at the time and was then in San Francisco, having a lovely time, which was split between my day-job working at a major insurance company doing clerical work, including writing checks oddly enough, and hanging out at The Mint, which is a San Francisco bar dedicated to karaoke. May as well give them some free publicity, though have no clue how they're doing these days as has been over 5 years since was there.

Now with a good sense of how the web is SO very different with its ability to distribute information, is odd to think that entire time was in San Francisco, was this person globally...there are words still refuse to use. I feel safer there. Is more comforting for my mental equilibrium.

Were there signs of my actual reality? Am sure there were. And debate with myself whether this situation or that thing, or oh, wow there was something...am not sure. Which also helps my mental equilibrium. What will say is, was WONDERFULLY positive so much for time there, where met a lot of interesting people. And they probably wonder more about me as often was really quite a bit, how should I describe? I like to say, fun.

Really then wasn't my fault. Was a problem of news organizations lack of efficiency, in my opinion, which continues. Have learned enough to realize do not have the full story there.

Left San Francisco in 2012, kind of to find even more solid ground to continue pondering things. And now can say, no, the press is NOT necessary for certain things. Where I know in far great detail what that means. The press actually is usually better at showing, yes. Was wondering how to continue but that is good. The press is usually better at noticing certain things.

While the web is the new thing that can throw the old style ones a bit of a loop I guess, which was brilliant for me, as gained a gentler path to global. So many questions could not only keep me guessing, but force me to at least try to be humble, you know?

Which with me? Is indeed, a great thing.

Trying to joke, but actually have had plenty of humbling experiences where learned much from them. And would not have had them a different way. Is remarkable to finally have a better grasp as web reality is becoming more routine, and discover, things went better for me than I realized, especially back then.

Over 13 years and counting to gain perspective? I'll take that, with learned gratitude.


James Harris

No comments: