Translate

Saturday, October 21, 2017

What value truth?

There is an oddity to emotion am pondering, like when feel that bite of negativity, when worry that people aren't buying what you're selling...when you're not selling anything, and are sharing important information.

Recently was helped out a lot when came across the term gaslighting, where link goes to the Wikipedia. And was reminded of it recently, and thought was striking from Lauren Duca in this column she wrote which gave her a lot of attention.

Then realized recently was actually even earlier came across it from Dylan Farrow telling her story with abuse allegations, in an open letter she wrote published on the blog of Nicholas Kristof, which you can find here.

And was this sentence which just found for this post:

There were experts willing to attack my credibility. There were doctors willing to gaslight an abused child.

And have my own story of abuse where posted about it yesterday on Seriously Commercial where also linked to a post had done over a year ago.

Have been talking my abuse story since I was 12. Was believed should add, through that time. But I do think there were people who looked at me at times, like what was I selling? When I wanted to find, a feeling of safety again. Yes, have had LOTS of therapy. Maybe now am better at understanding and getting it out in a helpful way.

What is the value of truth is there across it all. And to me, we can too often see society see little value, but why? And I think for me it does all relate. That looking back at boundaries crossed for me so young, and maybe fighting to repair, am stuck still with a useless dynamic I need to let go.

Is not my job to worry about what others are feeling as if the truth should change. The truth does not change.

The value of truth is.

As stories pour out, of boundaries breached by so many that truth will change much. The truth itself will not change, but in accepting it, maybe societies will be better.

Easy enough to write oddly enough. Looking for goals in there for myself. Ways to measure progress for me as well as society. How will we know, better?


James Harris

No comments: