Translate

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Ask and answer, myself

My situation is weird enough have a global readership without a global press interested enough to ask me pertinent questions, so figured may as well go meta again, and ask and answer questions I think others might wonder. Being press with myself? Ok, will try.

1. Why do you post?

Usually am posting to share information think is important for a particular audience. As main blogs have been around for over a decade there is kind of a long conversation going in a sense.

2. What makes you think your posts do anything valuable?

Generally am looking at some kind of objective measure where long ago discovered was not getting expected ones much. So got creative. Look over a lot of things where do not explain to check if a post reached desired audience. Since am not into the mass market that may look a different way to others.

3. You sound so confident often, are you trying to convince people you're successful?

Not trying to convince as have worked more to accept my ongoing audience, which presumably understands my successes. And have focused less and less on mass market approaches.

4. Sounds like you have a disdain for the mass market, why is that?

Old view from television most successfully was that you could reach a mass market effectively, like most of the country watching sports on Sunday, which is still true to some extent. My focus is niche. Am looking at people interested in particular things, versus say, talking to entire United States.

But also my readership is global. So mass market for me would be billions of people with that reach, which would be scary to have anyway. Prefer things as they are: focused on people interested, all over the world.

5. Why are you not covered by the press if your ideas are so important?

You, me pretending to be press person, ask great questions! If I say so myself, and my best guess is that the press is still 20th century focused on establishment institutions and yup, mass market metrics. That is, measures which indicate ability to do well in the mass market, already talked.

While people like me, with global reach that is more fragmented, don't register with them as worth reporting on. Which will change am sure, as world adjusts to the web. Good question, me.

6. Do you really think this question and answer with yourself will impress anyone or just seem weird?

Um, that is not the kind of question for which I have a good answer self. Think we're about done.

7. Ok, ok, last question. Any plans for Halloween?

Wow, I really took this pretending to be a press person too far. Um, no. You know that too! You're me! Just being mean. Am in a lonely period spending WAY TOO much time on web. Is ok.

Oh, oh, ok. Um, thanks for your time. You're welcome, me.

That was silly fun. Threw in a bit for Halloween too, as why not. Does amaze me though, how often interviews go random that way.


James Harris

No comments: