Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Attention, money and better perspective

Am owning certain things more now, with more direct explanation of my situation. Where have known for years but was puzzling much, and also trying to absorb. Like for years would repeat country counts for my blogs, as tried to get a handle. Now is more matter-of-fact. For example so far this year, this blog has had visits according to Google Analytics from 108 cities in only 39 countries. To me that's disappointing as have seen much higher numbers in the past.

Thank you for reading though! Those stats don't even give all the folks, but just hint. Maybe they reflect your reading here, maybe they do not. But at least you know others like you are from lots of places.

But what does it mean really?

Well it is about people like YOU reading and others around the globe who show up, with that method of measure which is just an indicator. For quite a few years was focused on trying to build audience numbers to something which would bring income, where have given up here.

Now have a better perspective on how the web works.

And of course your reading here does not mean money from you, and why should it? My focus shifted from money to thinking was good for community. And hey, I like having readers. I do write to be read.

But have routinely noted was funding my own efforts while working a regular job, until that got difficult, as in difficult getting one. And concluded that the web attention was the reason!

And was like, huh? But lots of the problem was with so much focus on math, where math establishment folks were NOT behaving which have talked quite a bit. And yup, for me there was a long time thinking could not be happening. My own personal beliefs about mathematicians were relentlessly challenged until evaporated under the weight of the evidence.

Learning about social disruption in other areas helped as well. But intellectually understood long before could accept emotionally.

Then discovered also there IS a system around attention, when it comes to making money. And that system is a legacy from the past, and does NOT include helping someone known globally thanks to major discoveries not acknowledged, or functional definitions that help simplify important areas. And also discovered does not seem inclined to help someone with powerful ideas simply handed to the world, like with open source.

Am thinking now is a system designed to force you into the clutches of money people.

And have posted about how money people scare me, which have noted before where yeah, dawns on me is not the kind of thing they'd like to hear.

Theoretically, the web can enable folks like myself to make money direct, without money people, though I do think they have a place, if professional and decent. Yes, I do believe money people can be decent. And by money people I mean those whose primary focus is money. So a money person can help another person make money from things they have, which the money person does not have.

Like a singer with an agent who can't sing, or do anything of interest to others, except help to get and negotiate contracts that enable that singer and the agent to make money. Singer is the one who shows up and does the work, of course. You know, like singing songs for an appreciative crowd.

My situation got complicated by race things but is dominated am sure by the social disruption of the web. The race things in my opinion were a minor impact, where finally decided may as well go ahead and clear for a variety of reasons. But of course, when you consider that I have several things that draw attention from around the globe, is improbable perceptions around such mattered much.

Like 39 countries seems dinky to me, for this year so far. All of last year was only 68 countries, with people from 322 cities which is more impressive. But yeah, when is just some numbers read off from Google Analytics where have been looking at similar for years? Emotional impact has dropped significantly.

Highlighting in bold feels good though. I still do look at such things and wonder.

We're not talking about some industry backed person, or an organization. Am enabled by the web, but that attention is purely for my ideas. Where this blog is just one arena. Am so global with so much.

It does mess with my mind as try to get a grasp as to how possible and what does it fully signify?

Years ago remember when would ponder: with those kinds of attention levels, what should I say for the good of the world? Now the sentence seems pretentious to me.

Cool thing though is when I notice which things DO interest more around the globe. So your interest helps me. Like to think my writing is useful to others, and I learn also from what draws more attention, and when. Is a constant also, so am constantly learning here, and elsewhere with my global things from interest of people from around the world.

Sure is fun for me! And am confident will figure out the money thing. Am SO scared of money people though. Wish web had developed more in the arena of best processes for money-making by now.

Part of me wonders about that though, what is going on?


James Harris

No comments: