Translate

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Web reality and strange behavior

One odd reality on the web have experienced is when talk out a topic of interest discover there are people who do not wish you to talk that topic. Where can be very strange, but like in certain areas if you refuse? They stalk you. Harass you relentlessly. And put up false webpages to try and destroy you.

Which happened to me with math.

Thankfully am NOT a mathematician so could look at it with some fascination and often with a certain amount of humor. Which would make them more mad.

There were times though would get concerned. Like one person who put up a webpage which he diligently maintains insinuated once that I should kill myself. Another put up an early picture of mine in a way that insinuated I should be assassinated.

Yeah. Am serious.

How do they get there? Yeah they start with lesser insults, and as those don't work, they range up! Eventually your death is a high as they can go, and they go there.

These are folks who often will switch to threats of physical aggression if simple verbal intimidation does not work.

Has puzzled me for years how potent such criticism can be, like when I encounter people who seem to just accept that just because some unknown person says nasty things about me and math.

That SAME person in at least two cases has also wished for my death or another has threatened it. Still think you should trust? When their rage is over me daring to try and figure out my own math?

Is SO bizarre. But web reality am sure there are lots of subjects that incite such fury.

Knew a woman who considered a friend until I realized she believed a webpage from a guy, who was a stranger to her, who had suggested I die, for talking math. But she didn't know that, right? She just didn't care to bother to understand the full story. Or even ask me for it.

Not surprisingly? I stopped thinking nicely about her too. You do need to have some kind of good sense in this modern world, you know?


James Harris

No comments: