Translate

Monday, January 22, 2018

Where more clarity is required

There is possibly some area of confusion with my status when it comes to some math things. Where admit have not concerned myself too much with simply stating certain things, usually making very careful statements, with a lot of hedging.

So there is no controversy in terms of correctness with any math of mine from the mathematical establishment.

There, I admitted it.

There are some troll things out there, including some really harsh things! Mostly old though like from a decade or more. More recently I ventured on Reddit for a bit. Yeah was engaged by some hostiles but still was fun.

But like any public figure I have people who put things out which are either not true, not relevant, or are just silly people looking for attention.

For example I do not have any current claims about Fermat's Last Theorem. I DID have past failures with it. And I also abandoned research on it. To me? So?

And I have math research where feel like establishment mathematicians should properly acknowledge it, though I rarely bug them about it. To me, it's out here. I know people are aware of it. Have sent some at times to them, but more and more was like, why be pushy?

So yeah thought would clarify some things. Thankfully though, haters trotting out nonsense against me are easily confronted with facts, which is kind of weird. Unlike others, whose haters can be relentless, mine are crush-able.

Kind of squishy actually.

Maybe because too few facts one way, even to support misunderstanding, and so much overwhelming evidence. I guess. Who knows. But I'll take it.


James Harris

No comments: