Translate

Monday, March 19, 2018

How do we know web success?

Have been pondering quite a few things and found myself relentlessly checking a LOT surveying systems of the world. And yet it did not occur to me to really ask how is it that I think something on the web is successful.

And the sad answer is: have yet again been using prior metrics which really learned in the 20th century, where metric just means measure. When I should have known better.

Have emphasized ease of the web with information distribution. Discovered from my own story that something useful travels well. And found myself struggling to find an explanation for MY money difficulties, until yet again realized should look broader.

Yet again reason could not find a conspiracy around myself would seem to be a broader suppression, which is so weird am more speculative here.

But consider, like a music artist could conceivably with the direct connect of the web, make money, from fans buying songs directly, and I think to myself there are those who do, right? I remember an example in a documentary I saw a while back.

And yeah am vague on subject. Who IS making money on the web? Besides certain HUGE corporations I refuse to name.

Then getting to questions of success. So much focus is on social media. And I really don't know, though have an explanation based on entertainment value for how people who are entertaining would get big social media counts. However only now can we really look to how those correlate with ANY other measure, as have the gift of time.

Can just consider how big social media numbers match with anything else for a person.

So am more speculative here. Have assumed much was seeing success on the web where am not so sure now, but am not sure was not. Like aren't there bloggers who make money? I think there are influencers in lots of areas who end up with agents, who are some of the folks I call money people, and dawns on me, am not sure really how they actually justify monetary amounts.

The full potential of the web? Could put a lot of money people maybe out of work? I guess. Really hadn't thought of them much until recently. Did they figure something out though? Quickly? When challenged? If so, what?

What if though, and here am speculating to the wild limit, the money people are working to make sure you have to go through them? But how would they do it? Ok, will say this direction may be a wacky stretch. But will post as is my blog. And posting helps me get web help, as the ideas flow.

How do we know web success? From whom do we get this information? The public information is there with social media at least, which usually is follower numbers and such. Already talked that though.

And yeah, am focused away from web commerce where of course people are buying things through the web like through a few big companies will not give free advertising by naming. Though I know they do not need it.


James Harris

No comments: